Monday, March 7, 2011

Memory Verse Monday #3





Confession: I didn't learn the verse from last week. It was one of the hardest weeks I've had in a long time and not really because of anything that happened in my life. Several of my best friends have been walking through some difficult times. They are worn down and weary and my heart hurts for them. As much as I can pray for them and try to do things to show our love and support for them, we really can't do much to take away the pain they are walking through. So. Very. Hard.

Which brings me to this week's verse. I was praying this morning for these friends and God reminded me of this verse:
"He is not afraid of bad news; his heart is firm, trusting in the Lord. His heart is steady; he will not be afraid." Ps. 112:7-8

Although we do not know what the future will hold for these sweet friends and their familes, we do know who holds the future. And He tells us in His word that we are not to be afraid. We are to trust. So very difficult. Please join me in praying for friends around you that are hurting and walking through hard times. And please pray for my friends as well.

Love to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...