Friday, July 22, 2011

Clean Home Challenge Day #5

Thanks for sticking with me this week! Y'all are doing great! Even if you missed an assignment or two, jump back in and do what you can.

Today's task is one I put off. And then put off some more. And then some more after that.  I HATE cleaning my Oven! It needed it badly though, so it was time to tackle it.

We have a self-cleaning oven which makes it relatively simple. All I did was scrape out some of the bigger pieces of food (I left some too, more on that later), then press the CLEAN button. It sets the timer for three and a half hours, locks the door and gets to work. For our model they recommended not adding any cleaners or anything else.

Here's the "BEFORE" shot:
Ummm...can we say "ewwwwwww". If my Mom reads this she's probably getting ready to pass out. She can't stand a dirty oven. Anyway, like I described before, all I did was press CLEAN and it started.
Because I didn't remove all of the large chunks on the bottom, it began to smoke. A. LOT. Luckily, the weather was perfect the day I did this and was overcast and rainy. I was able to open our windows for a few hours while the oven was cleaning.

After three and a half hours, this is what it looked like:

Then, I took a bowl of water and rag and started wiping it down (as well as taking out the grates to wash in the sink). Here's the final product:

Looks pretty good, right?! And you know what? It wasn't bad at all. The smoking part wasn't great, but that was mainly my fault for not cleaning out the junk I should have.

So there you go- you have your daily challenge! Get going and then post us some pictures on the facebook ROAD HOME page, k?!

Love y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...