Saturday, July 23, 2011

Clean Home Challenge Days #6-8

Happy Saturday, y'all! Today's project is to clean out (and I mean CLEAN!) your refrigerators!
This project takes quite a bit longer than the previous ones...unless you have a sparkling clean, super organized refrigerator. Mine was pretty much the opposite of that, and it took over an hour of hard work to get it finished. I'll show you step by step what I did.

Here's some before shots:





In case you can't tell in that picture above, I was trying to get a shot of the gross stuff that was on that shelf.

Next, I took everything out of the fridge and put it into coolers. As I was taking stuff out I was looking for any items that were past their USE BY date or that needed to be thrown away.


This entire pile below were items past their USE BY date.

Ummm...can I just tell you how dirty my fridge really was once I took out everything?



I washed all the pieces I took out in the sink filled with super hot water with dish soap.

Once I had everything removed and had washed the shelves and drawers, I began washing the inside of the fridge. I used a mixture of 2 TB baking soda per quart of HOT water. You wouldn't believe how dirty it was once I was down on my hands and knees scrubbing it. YUCK!

This is how it looked once I had the insides clean and put back in the shelves and drawers:

And here are the AFTER shots with the food back in place:

Much better, right?!
What about you? Sometime between now and Monday evening, clean your fridge! Then post pictures for the rest of us to see.

Love y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...