Thursday, July 7, 2011

Made to Crave- Repeats Week Day #4

Made to Crave...



I'm still reading Made to Crave and trying to make gradual changes that will lead to a healthier lifestyle. I feel like I'm making some real progress and even though the scale isn't moving a whole lot, I feel good and have more energy...and with a 2 year old and an 8 month old- that's a good thing!

Here are some parts of the book that I wanted to share with you in hopes that they can help motivate you as well...

*The body God has given me is good. It is not perfect, nor will it ever be. I still have cellulite. I still have stretch marks...but my body is a gift, a good gift for which I am thankful. Being faithful in taking care of this gift by walking according to God's plans gives me renewed strength to keep a healthy view of my body.

*Running may not be your thing...So find what is! The best kind of exercise is the kind that you'll do. And while I realize my temple may not be God's grandest dwelling, I want to lift up the Lord in whatever willingness I have each day and dedicate my exercise as a gift to Him and a gift to myself. This undivides my heart and reminds me of the deeper purposes of moving my body.
     "Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received   from God? You are not your own, you were bought at a price. Therefore, honor God with your body". 1 Cor. 6:19

*EVERYTHING is permissible, but not everything is BENEFICIAL. I want to make choices that will fuel my body instead of weighing it down and making it feel sluggish

*Becoming a woman of self-discipline honors God and helps me live the godly characteristic of self-control.

*Don't get distracted by food. Don't let yourself think that it can satisfy the longing in your soul, or that it will make you FEEL better...Only Jesus can do this.

*LEARN TO ACCEPT THE NUMBER ON THE SCALE FOR WHAT IT IS- AN INDICATION OF HOW MUCH YOU WEIGHT AND NOT AN INDICATION OF YOUR WORTH!

*Know that with God you're able to say unreservedly, "I can!", "I will!", and "I did!".
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For me it all boils down to this- I have got to stop saying to myself, "you know, it's been a hard day. The kids have been fussy, the house is a wreck, I deserve a milkshake. I NEED a milkshake". Because honestly, I don't need that milkshake. This was my attempt at self-medicating. What I most likely need is some time spent in prayer and in God's word to recharge, refocus, and renew my spirit and my resolve. Until I learn to depend on him when things get tough instead of food, I'm going to struggle. 

I appreciate the messages some of you have sent with your encouragement and questioning why I am trying to lose weight. For me, this is not about just losing weight. Although I am not drastically overweight, I struggle with self-control and with overindulgence when I am upset or stressed. And I have been convicted that this needs to change. 

I am thankful for those of you who are also on this journey and who are offering your motivation to me along the way. Please let me know if you haven't if you are also trying to be healthier, and I will be praying for you, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...