Thursday, October 11, 2012

He makes NO mistakes!

Hello, long lost friends!


It's hard to believe that it's been over two months since I last posted.

So much has been going on that it's difficult to know where to begin in updating you. The kids started preschool, I began working five days a week, Marcus traveled to Austria for Graduate school and has now started his final year of classes, my Dad has announced his retirement effective June 30, 2013, Mack has given up his paci, I have become the bass guitar player in our worship band at church, I've traveled to Baptist Hospital for my annual visit and been given a clean bill of health, we have made some changes and improvements to our home, we've had a home dedication service, and much more.

There have been days where I felt so overwhelmingly blessed that I couldn't believe it, and days where I didn't know if I could keep going. Life has a way of moving on quickly, and although some days seem as if they drag on forever, the weeks and months slip by so fast that I often can't believe another has come and gone.

Fall has arrived and we are so thankful. The kids and I have been on a hayride and to a pumpkin patch, we've made a fall trip to the NC Zoo, we've painted pumpkins, decorated our mantle and front porch, lit pumpkin scented candles (is there a better smell possible? I don't think so), drank apple cider and are enjoying the cooler temperatures.

It seems hard times have hit many around us, and we have been heartbroken for some of our friends walking through such deep valleys. At times it can make you wonder how in the world some people endure in trying situations like this, but then we are reminded that nothing happens outside of God's plan and that He has an ultimate purpose in all of it.

I have watched friends boldly proclaim in the midst of their circumstances, "even in this, God is enough!" and those words carry weight. It's one thing to say that when things are going well, but completely another when faced with tragedy.

My suite-mate from college, Melody, has been walking through her own difficult situation. Recently diagnosed with breast cancer, she has started a caringbridge site. I encourage you to visit and pray for her daily : (www.caringbridge.org/visit/melodyharrell) and yesterday she posted this poem.

I felt like it maybe could help one of you that may be walking through your own set of difficult circumstances.

He Maketh No Mistake BY A.M. Overton
My Father's way may twist and turn,
My heart may throb and ache,
But in my soul I'm glad to know,
He maketh no mistake.
My cherished plans may go astray,
my hopes may fade away,
But still I'll trust my Lord to lead
for He doth know the way.
Tho' night be dark and it may seem
that day will never break;
I'll pin my faith, my all in Him,
for He maketh no mistake.
There's so much I cannot see,
my eyesight's far too dim,
but come what may I'll simply trust
and leave it all to Him.
For by and by the mist will lift,
and plain it all He'll make.
Through all the way,
tho' dark to me,
He made not one mistake!.

 

I will try to post more often when possible. I love each of you and pray that you are doing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...