Monday, February 21, 2011

Memory Verse Monday



Marcus and I have decided to start memorizing scripture together. I believe that it is important that we know scripture that we can rely on when we are facing difficult times, when we need to be able to minister to a friend, when we're going about our day-to-day business, basically anytime! I also plan to start working with K again on scripture memorization. I am aware that a great portion of the Bible verses that I know are from the years my parents made sure that I was in church every Sunday morning, Sunday night, and Wednesday night. I learned Bible stories, scripture, songs, truths...all of it is there. Deeply embedded and ingrained. I want to leave this same heritage for our kids.

I'm don't have a great memory. I can sing you every lyric to almost every song I've ever known, but ask me to recite a Bible verse and I sometimes get mixed up. Well, let me be honest...I get down right lost. I'm hoping by intentionally learning scripture together as a family I can overcome this.

Anyway- will you join me? I'll post a verse each Monday and we can all learn it together. The next week we'll start on a new one. If you'd like, you can submit verses that you'd like for me to post. We'll see how it goes. Hopefully there will be at least a few of you willing to jump on board!

This week's verse:


"Let us hold fast to the profession of our faith without wavering- for He is faithful that promised". Hebrews 10:23

I was thinking about this verse earlier and picturing all the things that we "hold fast" to. Our possessions, our careers, our abilities, our successes and victories, our significant others, our children, our parents, our fears, our status in society...but do we hold fast to the profession of our faith? Do we hold fast to our Savior?  When we're looking for security, are we looking to the right source? I know I don't always choose the right place to look, and especially 'without wavering'. But I believe that He is faithful that promised. And I'm SO thankful! Aren't you?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...