Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Sun Stand Still

I LOVE to read. Especially books about the Christian faith, doctrine, encouragement, and devotions. I have a stack of books beside me bed and throughout the house that I'm reading or re-reading at all times. I have found that I have grown leaps and bounds in my walk with Christ when I began not only reading in His word, but by surrounding myself with godly women, and by reading books written by Christian authors that were rooted in the word and that inspire me. One of the newest books I've been reading is Sun Stand Still.

Oh.My.Word! It is So good. When I read, I will fold down the top corner of a page if it's something that I want to come back to, to write down in my journal, and to think about again. I'm now on page 77 of this book and I think I've folded more pages down that those that I haven't touched. Here's a picture.

This book is filled with Biblical truth and application and has already got me thinking and praying about what my Page 23 vision is.

I plan to blog much more about this book in the future, but for now, here's just a little part to get your excited.


"If you ever encounter a theology that doesn't directly connect the greatness of God with your potential to do great things on His behalf, it's not Biblical theology. File it under heresy. I'll take that further: If you're not daring to believe God for the impossible, you're sleeping through some of the best parts of your Christian life. And further still: if the size of your vision for your life isn't intimidating to you, there's a good chance it's insulting to God.
  Confident disregard for the status quo is the essence of the Gospel. It describes the radical path Christ's life took on earth. It goes to the heart of what it means to live by faith".

Wow, huh?!?!?! Have you been feeling 'stuck' lately in your walk? Stay in the Word. Keep spending time in prayer. But pick up a book like Sun Stand Still, or Radical, or The Hole in Our Gospel, or Choosing to See. These books will inspire you and motivate you to begin digging deeper.

Read them and be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...