Friday, March 11, 2011

6 Years In...


Tomorrow, Marcus and I will celebrate six years of marriage. There has never been a day go by since we were married that I wasn't overwhelmingly grateful that God created this man for me. We have been through ups and downs together, but I would still choose him over and over again. I'm going to post some pictures down below that celebrate our special day, but I'm also going to include some lyrics to a song I recently discovered. 


Dancing in the Minefields by Andrew Peterson:

And we're dancing in the minefields
We're sailing in the storm
This is harder than we dreamed
But I believe that's what the promise is for
That's what the promise is for

Bridge:

So when I lose my way, find me
When I lose loves chains, bind me
At the end of all my faith
to the end of all my days
when I forget my name, remind me

Cause we bear the light of the son of man

So there's nothing left to fear
So I'll walk with you in the shadow lands
Till the shadows disappear
Cause he promised not to leave us
And his promises are true
So in the face of all this chaos baby
I can dance with you

Marcus- I know you don't typically ever read this blog, but if you do, know that you are absolutely the best gift God has ever given me besides His son. Know that I am so incredibly grateful to get to walk through this life with you. Know that I will always support you and be a safe place for you to land. I pray that you will fall more and more in love with God each day and that we will grow together through our service to Him. I don't know what is planned for us in the future, but I know I want to walk through it with you. I love you, best friend.

And here are some pictures, as promised!

We anxiously awaited his arrival at the church- hoping he wouldn't be late!




We posed for all the customary pictures.






Tears were shed over and over again. SUCH an emotional day!










Surrounded by family and those that we love.



My grandparents- Zeno and Rose Proctor. I'm so thankful they were able to be there. Not a day goes by that I don't miss them now.
Walking down the aisle with my Daddy- It already makes me cry thinking about when Marcus has to do this for Karsyn!
Giving me away. The ceremony was performed by my grandfather, Rev. R.C. Redmond



Dancing the night away....



Marcus getting ready to go find my garter...or so I thought. Instead, he came out with this...






Tossing the bouquet.
We left the reception, stopped to change clothes and to grab a milkshake at Arby's and then headed off for our honeymoon in Jamaica. What a fun, fun day!



2 comments:

  1. I loved seeing your wedding pictures! Happy anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what I did to deserve this woman that is my bride, but God has given me an amazing gift, as well. Kara, you are my love, my rock, my defender, my compassion, and my best friend. While I don't know what God has planned for us, either, I can't wait to experience it with you. I love you! Happy Anniversary!- Marcus

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...