Thursday, July 14, 2011

Just Do It!



Today was one of those days where things just seemed a little 'off'.  Do you ever have days like that? I felt down but didn't know why...I kept hearing the lies that Satan tries to speak to us. You know the ones that I mean, right? He says, "you're not good enough", or "you won't ever be able to do that like she does", or "why bother trying?". I know that he tries to trap many of us with this same old mess, and too often, I (and maybe some of you, too) get trapped by it.
  I have been trying to speak truth today to him and rely on the joy that I have inside- the joy that isn't based on circumstances, or performance, or outcomes. But the truth is, it's just been a more-difficult-than-normal day. Most of it may be because I was up the majority of the night with  my kids that didn't want to sleep. I think that Satan waits for opportunities like that- when we're broken down physically or emotionally and then he tries to make his move. But, he doesn't stand a chance if we will ground ourselves in God's word. So that's what I've been trying to do today.
  About an hour ago I went to check my email and saw that I had an email from a friend. I've really only met her a few times in person, but we're friends on facebook and she's related to two people that I love dearly. Anyway, back to the point of this post. She wrote me the sweetest email and spoke words to me that I specifically needed to hear...Words that I had been praying about all day...In areas where I had begun to question myself and if I was where God wanted me to be. God used her to speak to me and to tell me that He is with me. See, that's how intimately we are loved. The creator of ALL the Universe knows when I'm feeling down and having a hard day. He knows when I begin to question myself and my abilities. And quietly and peacefully He finds a way to speak to me. I am so thankful that He loves me this way. And you know what, friends, He loves you that way, too!
   Have you ever been going about your day and had someone pop into your head? You aren't sure why but at that exact moment you feel the need to call or text them? Sometimes you may just brush it off and think 'I'll talk to her later'. I'd like to ask you that next time this happens, you go do it. Whatever it is, follow the Holy Spirit's leading and contact that friend. Maybe she's having a down day and needs to be affirmed. Maybe you are going to be the instrument that God uses to reassure her that the path she's walking down is leading to somewhere wonderful. Maybe she'll act like you're crazy...but that part won't matter. Be obedient to where the Lord is leading you. Be listening for His voice. Just do it! You never know how much your words may mean to someone or how badly they may need to hear them.

love y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...