Tuesday, January 24, 2012

An update...


I know I’ve been a slack blogger lately. In case any of you have noticed, posts have been few and far between and somewhat quite a bit less than stellar. Today I’m going to catch you up on what we’ve been up to lately, and I promise hope, better posts will come soon.

Last week my Dad came over and we painted over half of the interior of my home in less than one day. Pictures and a post coming about this later. It looks SO good!

We are in the process of getting ready to put our house back on the market, so we are moving junk items out of here quicker than you can blink. Things are coming together, but this also means that our house currently looks a M-E-S-S. Seriously.We're talking a MESS! The kids love it, mainly because it's such a wreck already that you can't tell when they have made it worse which means I don't make them clean it up on their own.

Karsyn is REALLY into dressing up lately. You may remember from a post last week that she has stopped taking naps. Well, her new favorite pastime during her ‘quiet time’ is to pick out outfits from her closet and dress herself.
Her favorite one this week has been this lovely ensemble:


Please notice that not only is she mixing pink with bright red, but she also is using stripes, solids, an animal print, and a high-heeled dress shoe. And not any old pair of socks would do…to set off this darling outfit, she needed to break out her Halloween socks. Double win. 


Mack is really into his sword. Still. And his butter knife, which he calls "SHARP! SHARP!". As soon as he wakes up in the morning he asks for his sword and then when we get to the breakfast table, he demands his "SHARP! SHARP!". I have learned to always keep an eye out for where he is because his favorite thing to do to me lately is to say "Ayyy yah, Mommy! Hit me, Hit me! I'm a pirate!!!" and then he charges at me full speed ahead. This kid is ALL BOY. 

The sword in this picture is a new one I got for the kids in hopes of replacing the hard, pointy, plastic ones I got them for Christmas. This one is soft and doesn't cause injury, but apparently, also isn't Osborne proof. They had it broken in two within a few hours. Target dollar bin fail. 

I decided that I would start spending more time PLAYING with the kids instead of cleaning, working, emailing, planning while they are awake. Today that involved letting the kids have a popcorn party, which turned into a popcorn fight. Before I knew it they were throwing it at each other, jumping up and down throwing it in the air, and stomping on it. I ignored every voice in my head telling me that they needed to stop and the carpet might get dirty, and instead, I joined in. It was a B.L.A.S.T. 


It took us forever to get all of it cleaned up, so we probably won't play that game again for a while :). 

This afternoon during quiet time, I peeked in at K who was being super quiet and found her on the floor like this:

I started snapping pictures, which of course caught her attention.
She had taken her shopping cart, placed it in top of her stool, climbed up and reached into the very back of her closet and had found the dress I wore as a flower girl when I was little. 

The little dress she chose is probably about 25 years old. She LOVED it. She not only put on the dress, but also added a yellow necklace, two yellow hairbows, her Easter hat (which was also mine when I was little), and her brown shoes (on the wrong feet!). 

Is she not the sweetest little southern belle you've ever seen?!

I let her keep the dress on and then she promptly dropped applesauce down the front, so we stripped it off after that. 

Speaking of stripping...

Mack makes such a mess of himself when he goes out to play that before I can let him come inside he has to remove all dirty clothes. that basically leaves him with his socks. He doesn't seem to mind it too much.

The last picture for today...
Marcus and I were cleaning up after supper and K came in with this on her nose. It's the ring that is used to hold together our measuring cups. I have no idea where she found it, or what gave her this idea. This kid is hilarious!

Hope each of you are doing well! Love y'all!

3 comments:

  1. Kara, you pictures are so sweet... LOVE the picture of her in the white dress, and her nose loop thing cracked me up!

    Way to go on the "popcorn party" ideas! That's exactly the sort of thing they will remember years from now as one of the many fun things they got to do with Mommy :-)

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE Karsyn's style! And love, love sweet Mack. Lovin that nose ring, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Karsyn & Mack are getting so big! love seeing their sweet personalities shining in your posts.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...