Tuesday, November 20, 2012

On giving thanks...

I am overwhelmed with gratitude.

My life verse is Eph. 3:20 which says 'now to HIM who is able to do abundantly, exceedingly more than we ask or imagine...'

This is the description of my life.

I am undeserving.  Completely and totally unworthy. Yet God has blessed me far greater than I could have imagined. I am unworthy, but also incomprehensibly grateful.

Can you take a few minutes and watch this video? It'll take 4 minutes, but it'll be worth it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhOUaszMGvQ

This is by Ann Voskamp who wrote a book that I've read a couple times and love. It started me on the path of keeping a gratitude journal and to stop and try to capture the daily moments of blessings.

We spend our time so busy, so hurried, so stressed that life is passing us right by.

I don't know why I keep forgetting this and keep doing it over and over again. But I am reminded again, that it is time to be fully awake to these moments. Time to stop living life as if its an emergency. Time to treasure each moment by moment blessing.

I can't say this in words nearly as beautiful as Ann, so I encourage you to check our her blog or her book One Thousand Gifts.

"I want to spend my one life well. I want to receive each moment for what it really is. Amazing Grace. A gift."-Ann Voskamp

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...