Monday, March 4, 2013

My Go-To Breakfast "Omelet Cups!"

On January 1 this year, I re-committed to a healthier lifestyle. Not a weight loss plan, but taking better care of the body I've been given. This has had its ups and downs, but through some hard work, lots of prayer, and the support of an accountability group, I'm starting to feel better and see some positive results on the scale and in the way my clothes fit.

I've tried many new recipes that claim to be delicious, easy and healthy and for some of them, I would agree. Others, not so much.

One of my favorite things to make lately I actually combined from several Pinterest recipes that I found and combined until I decided on the best ingredients for our family.

I am big breakfast eater, but often don't have much time in the mornings (as I'm sure is true for most of you!). I love eggs and the protein that they deliver, but wanted an easier way to have them a few times a week without having to go through much effort. Our solution- Scrambled Omelet Cups!

Super Simple and easy to tweak to meet your personal preferences.

Step one:
Crack open 6 large eggs into a bowl.

Step two:
Add in one cup of liquid egg whites (I buy the Target brand but any brand will do)

Step three:
Whisk together and then pour into a greased muffin pan.


Step four:
Gather any ingredients that you want to include inside your omelets.
For me and Mack, we chose spinach (Frozen chopped spinach that I defrosted and drained), onions, and Canadian bacon, plus a little lowfat cheddar cheese. 
You could use almost anything here. I love when I make them also with canned tomatoes (drained), green peppers, ham, cheddar cheese, olives...whatever you have on hand!

Step Five:
Drop in any toppings/ingredients that you want to put in your omelets (Save your cheese to go on after all other toppings).

Step Six:
Bake in a 400 degree oven for 17-20 minutes.


Step Seven:
Allow to cool, remove from pan, and store in refrigerator for up to 1 week.

Several mornings a week, I pull out two Omelet Cups, put in bowl, microwave 30 seconds, top with Franks Hot Sauce, and dig in. It's a delicious, fast, easy breakfast that I can feel good about eating.

Hope you enjoy!!


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...