Saturday, July 30, 2011

Clean Home Challenge Day #13


Today we begin working on THE MASTER BEDROOM. And we’re jumping right in and working on an area you may avoid like I do…our clothing!

For this challenge, either tackle your dresser or your closet. I did my dresser and plan to do my closet next week, but for those of you who only have a closet, go ahead and start working on it.
I went through four drawers and weeded out items I haven’t worn yet this season (90% of the things in the drawer). 

I started with my pajama drawer. It is always a mess because I don’t fold pajamas- I just wad them up and throw them in each morning. It’s a plethora of old t-shirts, big baggy shorts, and pajama pants. I only wear the same few items, but have a drawer stuffed full. Here’s the BEFORE pic:


And here’s the AFTER picture:


And these are the items that I realized I don’t “NEED” to have and will be sending to Goodwill:



Next I moved on to my top dresser drawer where I keep my tank tops and undershirts. 
Here’s the BEFORE:


And the AFTER:


And this picture is the STACK of white tanktops or shirts that I realized I don’t need to keep and will be sending to Good will. I mean really, who needs 14 white shirts?!


Next on the list was my t-shirt drawer. I love t-shirts and wear them pretty much every day. I am all about dressing for comfort, so they are a main staple of my wardrobe. However, just like with my pajamas, I wear the same 4 or 5 shirts and don’t ever even get the others out of the drawer. So as much as I love them, it was time to part with some of them.
Here’s the BEFORE:


And the AFTER:
Actually, I forgot to take an AFTER! Whoops- I’ll have to upload it later.

Next drawer was my summer shirts drawer. Although I love most of the tops in this drawer, I don’t wear 90% of them. And sadly, it’s time to admit that some are simply too small. I am going to stop holding on to them hoping that one day my muffin top will shrink, and I’m sending a bunch to Goodwill. Here’s the BEFORE:


And the AFTER:

The last drawer was my running clothes/workout clothes drawer. What a mess!
Here’s the BEFORE:


And the AFTER:


You can’t tell a big difference but I did clean out about 6 pairs of little workout shorts that haven’t been on this mom-of-two rear end since 2008!

And here’s a picture of all the items I was able to clean out and will be sending to Goodwill. 


Will I miss these items? Chances are I won’t even hardly notice they’re gone. But even if I do, I am going to remember that I have MORE THAN ENOUGH for myself and that I can be a blessing by donating it to someone else.
Can’t wait to see y’alls pictures from this task!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...