Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Clean Home Challenge Day #3

Hello friends! Hope each of you are doing well and enjoying your challenge in working towards cleaner, more well-organized homes. So far we've shined our sinks and we've organized underneath them, too.
Today I want you to work tackle organizing your tupperware drawer as well as another drawer or cabinet (or more if you're up to it!).

Here is my tupperware drawer before:

And here it is after:
When I went through and matched up all the lids to the corresponding bowl/container, all of these were left over:

Today I also tackled my spice cabinet/baking cabinet. Here's the before:

And here's the "AFTER"


I purchased these awesome magnetic spice holders that my sweet friend Dena has, and they cleared out a lot of space. 

They were $2.99 each at Bed, Bath, and Beyond but I did two purchases and had two coupons, so I got them for considerably less.

I also did a quick purge of our hutch. This hutch is constantly a source of frustration because I have it stuffed til it's ready to bust at the seams. Every time I open the bottom cabinets, something tries to fall out! It was long overdue to be organized.

Here's the "BEFORE"

And here's the "AFTER"



I had extra time today, which is why I did all three of these areas. However, if you don't have time to do all of them, pick one and work on it. The key to this whole process is that we do a little each day so that we don't all end up burnt out. That, along with keeping up the areas we've already cleaned/organized, will lead us to having more peaceful homes. 

I am L-O-V-I-N-G the emails and messages y'all are sending. And the pictures you're posting on facebook are great! Word is spreading of our challenge and more people are joining and that simply thrills.my.soul.!
My sister was somewhere last night in Statesville and even had a lady (that she hadn't met before) say, "didn't I see your shiny sink on the Road Home facebook page today?!". I'm amazed that people are returning to read this blog day after day, but I am so grateful. I DEFINITELY don't have it all figured out, but I have such a desire to be open and honest and figure things out as we walk through them together. I guess you could say that I have a passion for teaching and sharing with others. That sounds crazy I am sure since for a while I'll be posting about having a cleaner home, but it's true. I'm passionate about anything that we can do to make ourselves lead more peaceful, centered, Christ-focused lives. And I believe a clean home is part of that (although mine rarely looks neat and tidy!) and am focusing on 1 Corinthians 14:40- "Let all things be done decently and in order". 
Praying for each of you today!

Love y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...